Tips For Turnout
Everyone struggles with turnout at some point whether it is their range, control or holding it during extensions. This ‘Tips for Turnout Guide’ is a great starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about how to maximise turnout safely, and is the first resource in our Training Turnout Series. It gives you tips on improving your range, developing control of your standing leg and specific ways to increase the height of your développé devant.
If you would prefer the full colour professionally printed workbook over the ebook, you can purchase this directly through amazon. This guide has detailed, illustrated instructions of all of the exercises and helps you keep your notes and progress in one place.
All prices are in Australian Dollars & are in exclusive of GST
About this course:
As the first resource in our ‘Training Turnout Series’ this ‘Tips for Turnout” guide is a great starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about how to maximise their turnout safely.
This program includes:
- Information on all the different types of hips to determine your unique hip profile.
- Special release techniques to help make the most of your natural range.
- The anatomy of your turnout muscles in an easy to understand way.
- How to isolate exactly the right muscles for each position of turnout.
- How to avoid overusing other muscles around the hip which are not designed for turnout.
- How to train your turnout properly in standing, retirement and tendu.
- How to increase the height of you Développé Devant
- How to train your deep hip flexors on how they can help you rather than hinder you.
As a dancer your turnout is always going to be a work in progress, however the tips for turnout guide is a great start to refine your training and supplement the work you are doing in class.
Feel free to explore some of our other fabulous resources in our Training Turnout Series:
- Training Turnout – deepen your understanding of turnout in the second book of our training turnout series
- How to get your Legs Higher in a Développé Devant – This program uses the latest in training techniques to get your legs higher in a développé devant using the least amount of effort to get the nicest line.