The Perfect Pointe Book
The Perfect Pointe Book was originally designed to help students and dance teachers safely prepare for pointe work. The four stages of tests and exercises within the book are ideal for pre-pointe preparation classes, students close to achieving pointe shoes and students already en pointe looking for extra strength and technique training.
Please note that this is a digital product only and will give you access to the videos and ebook online. If you would like to purchase a hardcopy of the book, you can do so directly through Amazon. This guide has detailed, illustrated instructions of all of the exercises and help you keep you notes and progress in one place.
The following translations of this iconic program are now available:
Portuguese French Spanish Japanese
The Perfect Pointe Book will help you to increase the strength of your feet and ankles, increase your pointe range, fine tune your technique, and improve your flexibility and turnout. The book guides you through tests for each stage so that you can work out where you problem areas are and then teaches you to work on those important technical aspects which you need in order to go en pointe.
“The Perfect Pointe Book” is a fantastic resource for dancers of all ages. It is designed to guide you through all of the stages required for pointe work, to make sure you have a safe and fun progression onto pointe!
This invaluable resource was written by a Physiotherapist (Physical Therapist) with over 20 years of experience in treating dancers and preparing them for pointe work. It is designed to combine classical technique training with physiotherapy techniques to fine tune and accelerate your preparation for pointe work!, this book is worth its weight in gold! The book, available in a downloadable e-book (or hard copy upgrade) and accompanying MP4 video files teach you:
- A breakdown of all the strength and technique requirements for a safe and easy progression onto pointe
- Simple tests to show you how prepared you are for pointe work already
- What any weaknesses or restrictions mean, and how to fix them
- Simple massage techniques to improve your pointe range
- How to strengthen your internal foot muscles to avoid injuries en pointe Different ways to wake up your real turnout muscles for ballet
- How to get true core stability so that you can balance en pointe safely
The program then guides you through four special exercise programs designed to really target those areas and improve your technique and strength as quickly as possible!
- FABULOUS FLEXIBILITY – The first stage includes tests and exercises to make sure that you can get your foot into the best position for pointe work. Some people will find this stage easy, others will find it harder. No matter where you start, the easy exercises and stretches will help you get a great looking pointe.
- MARVELLOUS MUSCLES – Here you learn about all the different muscles in your feet, and why it is important to get the right ones strong. Mastering the fine control of your toes helps prevent blisters on the toes, as well as overuse problems in the shins. This stage will transform your feet forever.
- TERRIFIC TURNOUT – Getting onto pointe is not all about your feet! Find out how to find your true turnout muscles and make them stronger, so that you don’t start dancing in parallel once you are up en pointe.
- BEYOND THE BARRE – Finding your balance off the barre and strengthening your core is so important in keeping your body strong. A dancer may have fantastic feet, but unless they can hold it all together away from the barre they will not go far!
Because all of the tests and exercises now recorded on video, you can watch videos of girls just like you going through all of the exercises and tests. Over 2 hours of video footage is included in the exclusive Members Area!
If you are anything like me when I was starting pointe work, you will be dying to know how to get strong enough to go en pointe quickly, and are always on the lookout for any tips that will help make your dancing spectacular!
Well, you have found the perfect solution!
After over 20 years of working intensively with dancers as a therapist and constantly seeing the same weaknesses resulting in the same problems en pointe, I simply had to find a way to teach students how to get it right from the beginning. The problem is, if you start off with bad technique, it is VERY hard to UNLEARN this later on.
It doesn’t matter if you just do ballet for fun or if you plan on becoming a professional ballerina, this book is an essential part of your ballet bag. Whether you are just beginning pointe, or have been en pointe for years, you will learn so much about your body and how it should work by going through this process. With this book you get to learn what muscles do what, why some people find it easier than others, how to improve your turnout and how to get a great looking pointe!
For more information, testimonials from students and teachers who have used this product and other useful information about Pointe work download the free Top 10 FAQ’s about pointe work at www.theperfectpointebook.com.
5 reviews for The Perfect Pointe Book
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Jill Bysterveld –
This book is an invaluable tool for getting onto Pointe. Easy to follow instructions for the exercises and pictures to show you what to do. I love the grid for keeping track of your progress with each chapter. Thank you so much for all your help in getting me to my goal!
Hey Lisa! I just want to say I love The Perfect Pointe Book! I’m coming back from a few year performance hiatus plus an old ankle injury and even now at the third stage I feel way more confident to try and take a class in my pointe shoes again! The exercises, even in other books and programs, are too the point and are very simple to understand. It has made getting back to dancing so much easier. Thank you so much! <3
I used this book for helping my daughter after she was diagnosed with an extra navicular bone on her feet. We have exercises prescribed from our PT. However, this book is so easy to follow so we converted to the exercises in the book. Her navicular bone inflammation went away in 8 weeks. After that, we did stage 1 and 2 for another 2 months, then we did the full program in the summer. She was ready to be on pointe at the end of summer at age 11. Her teachers were very impressed with her progress!! Fantastic program!! Thank you!
gaalk2002 (verified owner) –
I can only applaud that a Physical Therapist specializing in us, ballet dancers wrote such a wonderful book as The Perfect Pointe! I am a ballet dancer myself and teaching children ballet, as well.
Reading the book myself, I learned a lot. Especially helpful were the included pictures and the panels where the students themselves could follwo their progress onto pointe.
I can safely say that this is currently the best book out there fir ballet students on the verge of progressing onto pointe or even older, more experienced dancers recovering after injury or correcting their form. Thank you, Lisa!
Franziska (verified owner) –
This book improved my pointe work so much! I started ballet as an adult and was already on pointe when I got the book. Doing all the exercises really improved my balance, turnout, and pointe work as a whole in a short time. Thank you so much!
Thomas Elphick –
I’m so happy that you have felt changes in your pointe work and are feeling stronger and more confident en pointe.
This is so important and is a real tribute to all those people who want to start ballet later on in life.
Good job and keep working!