Showing 1–9 of 11 results
An Ode To Overstretching – The Old Gypsy Ways of Madame La Jaune$25.00 AUD
This hilarious children’s book brings some well needed lightness to the serious issue of overstretching that is rife in the dance and gymnastics industries. It is a perfect book to have in your waiting area, to promote discussion on this important topic.
The story of Madame La Jaune was spawned from a conversation between Lisa Howell and her dad, Mike, when Lisa asked him if he could draw up some cartoons of the crazy overstretched positions that dancers are seen in these days all over social media. She wanted to highlight the potential danger to the body that was caused by sitting in positions like these, whilst still appealing to everybody’s sense of humour. From there, the story took a life of its own. The pictures were an absolute success and members of the dance world fell in love with the simple but clear message that was embodied in Madame La Jaune.
Mike then took matters into his own hands and began exploring the back story to explain his often mused upon question “Why do good people sometimes teach badly?”
6 months later and this is the result, a story of dance, comedy and science. This book will give you an insight into the other side of Overstretching and the seemingly crazy ways of some teachers. Follow Madame La Jaune and understand her point of view, as well as where we go to from here!
Band-ITS For Dancers$50.00 – $81.77 AUD
Band-ITS are a revolutionary, simple and yet powerful resistance training tool. This equipment is small, portable and yet fully independent, requiring no extra adjuncts or tether points to use it. All you need is yourself and the will to improve.
Please Note: We are currently out of stock for all versions. To purchase please visit the BAND-ITS store.
There are three options available for purchase:
- The Lower Body Starter Kit is primarily focused on training the legs, hips, pelvis and core. It is suitable for all users and allows individuals to select a resistance level that is suited to them and start training straight away. It includes yellow and red bands and is an ideal starting point for most dancers, over the age of 13.
- The Upper Body Kit comes with wrist straps and is a wonderful way to add on strengthening work through range for the shoulder girdle. Ideal for both girls and boys, especially when commencing Pas de deux work.
- The Full Kit includes additional green and blue bands and is great for stronger dancers, and for performing more cross-training exercises. Great for dancers who want to supplement their dance training with resistance work but who do not want to “bulk up” in the wrong areas.
All variations grant you instant access to a special Members Area, exclusive for Ballet Blog members. This area has many videos demonstrating how to get the most out of your Band-ITS!
PLUS! FREE Band-ITS for Dancers PDF!
Exclusive offer only for purchases through The Ballet Blog and Perfect Form Physio!
Sally Harrison and Lisa Howell have put together a very special 20 page E-Book to guide you through the use of Band-ITS especially for dancers. This PDF gives options for exercises in all different positions to take your dance training and conditioning to a new level! The E-Book is available in the exclusive Members Area that you will be given access to on purchase of your Band-ITS.
ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS & ARE INCLUSIVE OF GST
Visit www.xe.com to check the current exchange rate.
If you are from AUS or NZ get this product HERE for cheaper shipping!
Dance Conditioning One$20.00 AUD
Our Dance Conditioning One program is a wonderful collection of exercises and releases for beginner and intermediate dance students, those under the age of 16 years or with less than four years training. This program includes a range of Pilates and Yoga based exercises specifically geared towards improving your core stability, turnout and some foot work.
All prices are in Australian dollars & are exclusive of GST
This product is now available in hardcopy edition from Amazon!
EXCLUSIVE! Band-ITS for Dancers E-Book$20.00 AUD
Band-ITS are a revolutionary, simple and yet powerful resistance training tool. This equipment is small, portable and yet fully independent, requiring no extra adjuncts or tether points to use it. All you need is yourself and the will to improve. It is ideal for use by dancers for training the legs, hips, pelvis and core.
Exclusive offer only for purchases through The Ballet Blog & Perfect Form Physio!
Sally Harrison and Lisa Howell have put together a very special 20 page E-Book to guide you through the use of Band-ITS especially for dancers. This PDF gives options for exercises in all different positions to take your dance training and conditioning to a new level! The E-Book is available for purchase independently, however it is included for free in the Members Area that you will be given access to on purchase of your Band-ITS through The Ballet Blog.
ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS & ARE INCLUSIVE OF GST
Visit www.xe.com to check the current exchange rate.
How To Get Your Legs Higher In A Développé Devant$40.00 AUD
Get instant access to the Online Video training course of this unique program designed to help you get your legs higher in a développé devant, using the least amount of effort to get the nicest line.
Comprising of 28 clear and concise videos (totalling 01:43 total playing time), this course begins with a series of assessments to establish what your body needs from the program. It then explores a sequence of mobilisation techniques for enhanced flexibility, subtle spinal mobility and pelvic control exercises, and detailed hip control in a very specific sequence. This subtlety of control allows you to achieve height of the leg en l’air without strain or effort, resulting in more beautiful adage and much happier hips!
There are PDF downloads of the workbook for each section at the bottom of the Members Area. This allows you to print out the sheets you need, as well as a handy guide to plan out your individual training program.
If you would prefer the full colour professionally printed workbook thats compliments this online course you can purchase this directly from Amazon. The guide has detailed, illustrated instructions of all of the exercises and helps you keep your notes and progress in one place.
Level 1- Online Teacher Training: Starting 16th August 2021$750.00 AUD
This workshop has been converted into an online virtual workshop. To help replicate the in-depth learning of the in-person workshops, we have divided this workshop into five sessions, over the course of a five-week period, to allow optimal understanding of all of the content via an online virtual workshop. The course fee includes 6 months free access to the Level 1 Teacher Training Portal, which includes footage of every test and exercise in the workshop.
Times & Dates:
- The timing of this workshop makes it perfect for the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore & Japan
- To check the exact times in your location CLICK HERE.
- Call #1 – This is an introductory call and will run for 2.5 hours.
- Monday 16th August 2021, 8am – 10.30am (Sydney, Australia)
- Sunday 15th August 2021, 6pm – 8.30pm ( New York, United States)
- All other Calls will run for the duration of 4.5 hours
- Call #2 :
- Monday 23rd August 2021, 8am – 12.30pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Sunday 22nd August 2021, 6pm – 10.30pm ( New York, United States)
- Call #3:
- Monday 30th August 2021, 8am – 12.30pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Sunday 29th August 2021, 6pm – 10.30pm ( New York, United States)
- Call #4:
- Monday 6th September 2021, 8am – 12.30pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Sunday 5th September 2021, 6pm – 10.30pm ( New York, United States)
- Call #5 :
- Monday 13th September 2021, 8am – 12.30pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Sunday 12th September 2021, 6pm – 10.30pm ( New York, United States)
- 5 Live Zoom Workshops – To replicate the depth of learning and personal connection we feel at the in-person course, the content will be delivered in a combination of live teaching, pre-recorded content, and personal exploration.
- Personalised Attention – These calls will be limited to just 24 individuals so that you will have plenty of time to ask questions.
- Members Portal Access – 6 months unlimited access to the Level One Online Teacher Training Portal and Regular Coaching Calls with Lisa. Ongoing access after the 6 months free trial is $29 per month. You may cancel at any time.
- A comprehensive set of assessment sheets – These sheets make any future assessments easy to conduct, and to share with your colleagues.
- Access to recordings of the virtual workshop – After the workshop you will be given access to the recordings of the virtual sessions, giving you the opportunity to go over any particular part of the course in your own time.
- CEC Accreditation – After this workshop, you will be emailed the CEC Accreditation Application Form, which is designed as an overview of the online course in order for you to appropriately claim CEC credits with your governing body for 12 contact hours of education.
Strictly limited to 24 individuals so that you will have plenty of time to ask questions.
The Ballet Blog Gift Card$20.00 – $300.00
Send a Ballet Blog gift card to one of your dance friends or colleagues!! Simply enter the amount you would like to purchase and proceed to checkout.
On the checkout page, you will be asked to enter the recipient’s details. Then after the payment is completed, a credit will be generated and forwarded via email to the recipient(s).
All E-gift cards are able to be used on all our e-Books on The Ballet Blog website and are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase (excludes hard copy books and workshops).
The Perfect Pointe Book$40.00 AUD
The Perfect Pointe Book was originally designed to help students and dance teachers safely prepare for pointe work. The four stages of tests and exercises within the book are ideal for pre-pointe preparation classes, students close to achieving pointe shoes and students already en pointe looking for extra strength and technique training.
Please note that this is a digital product only and will give you access to the videos and ebook online. If you would like to purchase a hardcopy of the book, you can do so directly through Amazon. This guide has detailed, illustrated instructions of all of the exercises and help you keep you notes and progress in one place.
The following translations of this iconic program are now available:
Portuguese French Spanish JapaneseRated 5.00 out of 5
Tips For Turnout$9.00 AUD
Everyone struggles with turnout at some point whether it is their range, control or holding it during extensions. This ‘Tips for Turnout Guide’ is a great starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about how to maximise turnout safely, and is the first resource in our Training Turnout Series. It gives you tips on improving your range, developing control of your standing leg and specific ways to increase the height of your développé devant.
If you would prefer the full colour professionally printed workbook over the ebook, you can purchase this directly through amazon. This guide has detailed, illustrated instructions of all of the exercises and helps you keep your notes and progress in one place.
All prices are in Australian Dollars & are in exclusive of GST