Pointe Workshop with Sonata Dancewear – Thursday 7th October
We are exciting to announce our calibration with Sonata Dancewear, beginning with a two hour Pointe workshop specifically tailored towards Dance Teachers and students living in Malaysia & Singapore.
During this two hour session Lisa will focus on the importance of a pre-pointe assessment, essential elements that must be checked before clearing a dancer to get their shoes, and anatomical variations that will change the fitting of their pointe shoes. These specific details can make all the difference to a young dancers success en pointe.
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom so is fantastic for anyone currently in lockdown, and while it is focused on those in Malaysia and Singapore, anyone is welcome to join, no matter where you are in the world.
Each booked participant will receive a Gift Voucher for Sonata Dancewear. After the workshop session you will be emailed an online promo code for Sonata Dancewear, giving you the chance to stock up on any goodies.
Please note: Each booking is valid for one online participant only. You do not need a student model for this workshop.
Times & Dates:
- The timing of this workshop makes it perfect for the following locations: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, United Kingdom & Europe.
- Date & Time:
- Singapore – Thursday 7th October, 6pm to 8pm, SGT
- Australia – Thursday 7th October, 9pm to 11pm AEST
- To check the exact times in your location CLICK HERE
27 in stock
Pointe Workshop with Sonata Dancewear
Progressing onto pointe is one of the biggest rites of passage a young dancer faces, it is often a very exciting time. However, it is also very challenging. The excitement of that shiny new pair of shoes is often quickly soured with the onset of pain and blisters, but it does not have to be this way. Given a slow and careful preparation, along with a detailed assessment of the dancer before pointe work is introduced, it can be one of the most amazing times and opens up a whole new world of possibilities in dance.
Historically, pointe work can be tricky for some feet. While some may find it hard to fully rise over the block of the shoe, others may be dealing with excessive mobility within the major joints of the foot and find that they have very little control over their ankles. Since every dancer is different, the journey onto pointe is going to differ for every dancer. In addition, many dancers dance en pointe for years so getting it right at the very beginning is crucial to ensure a long lasting career that is injury free!
During this two hour Pointe workshop we will discuss:
- The importance of a pre-pointe assessment
- Essential elements to screen before progressing onto pointe
- Anatomical variations that will impact pointe work
- How to choose the right pointe shoe based on the biomechanics of the foot
- Preparatory exercises that will give the student excellent basic pointe technique
About Sonata Dancewear: