- You cannot add "Online Pointe Intensive: 8th-10th December, 2020" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Online Pointe Intensive: 8th-10th December, 2020
This workshop is now sold out. To join the waiting list for the next sessions contact April at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately our popular in-person workshops are simply not possible in the current climate so the original Level 2 Pointe Intensive course has been divided into three 4 hour sessions to allow optimal understanding of all of the content via an online virtual workshop.
Times & Dates:
- The timing of this workshop makes it perfect for the following locations: NZ, Australia, Asia & North and South America.
- To check the exact times in your location CLICK HERE
- Call #1 – Tuesday 8th December 2020, 9am – 1:15pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Call #2 – Wednesday 9th December 2020, 9am – 1:15pm (Sydney, Australia)
- Call #3 – Thursday 10th December 2020, 9am – 1:15pm (Sydney, Australia)
Out of stock
Level 2 – Pointe Intensive
Progressing onto pointe is one of the biggest rites of passage a young dancer faces, it is often a very exciting time. However, it is also very challenging. The excitement of that shiny new pair of shoes is often quickly soured with the onset of pain and blisters, but it does not have to be this way. Given a slow and careful preparation, along with a detailed assessment of the dancer before pointe work is introduced, it can be one of the most amazing times and opens up a whole new world of possibilities in dance.
Historically, pointe work can be tricky for some feet. While some may find it hard to fully rise over the block of the shoe, others may be dealing with excessive mobility within the major joints of the foot and find that they have very little control over their ankles. Since every dancer is different, the journey onto pointe is going to differ for every dancer. In addition, many dancers dance en pointe for years so getting it right at the very beginning is crucial to ensure a long lasting career that is injury free!
During this dance teacher and health professional Intensive you will learn:
- Details of the correct training and preparation for pointe work
- How to complete a thorough pre-pointe assessment
- Corrective exercises to achieve optimal alignment before commencing pointe work
- Mobilisation techniques to safely improve range
- How to choose the right pointe shoe based on the biomechanics of the foot
- How to tailor the pointe shoe for a perfect fit
- Good foundation pointe exercises that will give the student excellent basic pointe technique
- How to prevent injuries on pointe
- Answers to all of the common questions asked about starting en pointe
Please note that you do not have to be en pointe to attend this online workshop! However, if you are currently en pointe, feel free to to have your pointe shoes handy. You do not need to have a student model with you during the course, however, if you have a student or colleague that you can practice the pre-pointe assessment and pointe exercises with after each session then this will be helpful.