Level 2 – Pointe Intensive – Melbourne, VIC – 17-18 April 2023
21 in stock
Often students in one class mature at different rates, having a well crafted pre-pointe preparation program and a thorough individualised assessment is essential before progressing students into their first pair of shoes. Identifying any technical or biomechanical issues, and resolving them before going en pointe, can make an extraordinary difference to a dancers success and enjoyment en pointe.
In this course you will learn how to conduct:
• A pre-pointe questionnaire
• A postural assessment
• A detailed screening of feet, core, hips and basic classical technique
• An assessment of the other factors that may affect pointe work
• Plus how to screen students already on pointe to enhance technique
We also explore:
• How to curate your own pre-pointe preparation classes
• Integration of the pre-pointe assessment into your studio
• Detailed pointe shoe fitting techniques
• Modification of pointe shoes for certain foot types
• Customisation of ribbon placement and elastics
• Preparatory exercises for the initial progression onto pointe
• Discussion of many complex questions around preparing for pointe
- 14 hours of teaching spread over 2 Days. The content will be delivered over 2 days (9am to 5pm) with a combination of practical and theoretical components.
- Course Manual. On Day One you will receive a detailed printed manual which includes both the theoretical components and practical exercises discussed in the course.
- Course Schedule. For a detailed outline of what is covered on each day, please review the daily schedules below.
- CEC Accreditation. After this workshop, you will be emailed the CEC Accreditation Application Form, which is designed as an overview of the online course in order for you to appropriately claim CEC credits with your governing body for 14 contact hours of education.
- A comprehensive set of assessment sheets. These sheets make any future pre-pointe assessments easy to conduct, and to share with your colleagues.
- Unlimited access to the Level Two Pointe Intensive Members Area. After the workshop will you be given access to the Level Two Pointe Members area, giving you lifetime access to over 100+ pre-recorded videos as well as the assessment sheets & student workbook.
- Lunch & Snacks Included. The course fee also covers lunch and snacks for the two days. Vegetarian, gluten and dairy free options are provided, however if you have any major food allergies or restrictions it is advised to self cater.
Location details for this course:
- Location: BDC Dance Studios
- Address: 15 Yertchuk Ave, Ashwood VIC 3147
- Dates: Monday 17th April & Tuesday 18th April, 2023
- Times: 9am to 5pm daily