Introductory Pointe Workshop – Sunday August 13th 2023
Do you have an in-depth pre-pointe preparation and assessment process at your studio? refining and updating this single element of training can make a huge difference to your students success en pointe.
• Price displayed in AUD
• $49 AUD is approximately equal to $30 USD
• Check xe.com to convert to your local currency or check daily currency conversion rate.
• Price displayed excludes GST (Applies to Australian residents only)
This course is designed for both Dance Teachers & Health Professionals working with dancers, who are interested in the Level 2 Pointe Intensive. This workshop is a great starting point for those wanting to learn more about the art and science of teaching pointe work. It is a condensed version of the full Pointe Intensive, introducing you to the content and Lisa’s style of working. By taking this 2 hour Introductory Pointe Workshop, you will receive $49 off the full 12 hour course, should you wish to continue delving into this fascinating topic.
Date and Time:
The timing of this workshop makes it perfect for the following locations: Australia, New Zealand, Asia & UK. To check the exact times in your location CLICK HERE
Sydney, Australia (AEST):
• Sunday 13th August, 2023 – 7pm – 9pm AEST
London, UK (BST):
• Sunday 13th August, 2023 – 10am – 12pm BST
New York, USA (EDT):
• Sunday 13th August, 2023 – 5am – 7am EDT
46 in stock
- 2 Hour Live Zoom Workshop – The content will be delivered in a combination of live teaching, pre-recorded content, and personal exploration.
- Access to recordings of the live zoom session. After the live session you will be given access to the recordings of the virtual session, giving you the opportunity to revisit the content covered in this call at anytime.
- A Detailed Assessment PDF – A detailed PDF to go with the presentation, with notes on the pre-pointe assessment process and pointe shoe fitting
- A Student Workbook. You will also be given the PDF version of the Student Pre-Pointe Workbook to share with your students.
Introductory Pointe Workshop
Progressing onto pointe is one of the biggest rites of passage a young dancer faces. It is often a very exciting time, however, it is also very challenging time. The excitement of that shiny new pair of shoes is often quickly soured with the onset of pain and blisters, but it does not have to be this way. Given a slow and careful preparation, along with a detailed assessment of the dancer, before pointe work is introduced, it can be one of the most amazing times and opens up a whole new world of possibilities in dance.
During this two hour Pointe workshop we will discuss:
- The importance of a pre-pointe assessment
- Essential elements to screen before progressing onto pointe
- Anatomical variations that will impact pointe work
- How to choose the right pointe shoe based on the biomechanics of the foot
- Preparatory exercises that will give the student excellent basic pointe technique