Showing the single result
Flexibility Intensive, Morris, IL, USA 2020$550.00
** Due to COVID-19 this workshop has been cancelled. However, if you would like to join us on a Level One, Online Virtual Workshop please email email@example.com to find out more. **
Many dance teachers are concerned at the safety of their students who are working into the extreme positions require by some current choreography. They want to keep their students safe, yet do not want to hold their dancers back from suceeding in this ever competative world. While some young dancers struggle with their range constantly, others have excessive natural range, and will often perform “tricks” that make most adults squirm. How do you train this extreme mobility safely?
During this two day flexibility Intensive teacher training course you will learn answers to the following questions, and more:
- What may makes one person tighter than the other?
- Why can one dancer do the splits without stretching while others can’t, even when they try so hard?
- Why do students sometimes feel even less flexible when they are stretching?
- How do I help student get their leg higher in second when it just feels like it’s stuck in the socket?
- How do I deal with a class full of students with different levels of flexibility?
- How do I deal with students who suddenly lose flexibility when they go through a growth spurt?
- What is neural tension, and how can I work safely with students with tight nerves?
- In students who have amazing range, how do I ensure they stay safe?
- How do you work into deep back extensions without risk of stress fractures or spondylolisthesis?
Our Flexibility Intensive is designed for both teachers and therapists!
Completing the 3 Day Level One Teacher Training is recommended prior to attending any of the more detailed intensive Teacher Training courses, but it is not essential. If you have yet to attend the Level One course you may sign up to our Level One Online Teacher Training Portal prior to the workshop going ahead. For further information about this, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are booking for more than one attendee, please make sure to use each attendee’s personal details (Name and Email) so that they are correctly registered and receive all of the appropriate information.